Stargate Studios Malta is seeking a Mid to Senior-level Tracking and Layout Artist.
The job will involve match moving the head of a live action dog for eventual facial animation/replacement. Lighting environment will also need to be aligned in Maya.
We are looking for an experienced artist who can handle high volumes of shots and lead other less experienced artists,under pressured deadlines.
- Accurately tracking for head/face replacement of an animal using mesh and pfTrack.
- transferring the track Data into Maya and aligning with film plate and 3D models of animal and environment
- Maintains communication with animation artists to verify position accuracy
- oversee and mentor other layout artist
– At least 3 years layout experience in Visual Effects
– A solid understanding of matchmove concepts using PF Track
– Knowledge of Maya with generalist skills in camera, modelling, animation and rendering
– Comprehension of photographic composition and understanding of camera lenses
- Extremely thorough with a keen eye for detail.
– Strong technical, communication and organizational skills
- Open, approachable and friendly
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated to do their best and to always be improving
- Responsive to taking direction and feedback
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
- Ability to quickly integrate & communicate well in a small team
If you are interested in this job and would consider relocating to Malta please get in touch.
PLEASE INCLUDE A CLEAR LINK TO A SHOWREEL.