Stargate Studios Malta is seeking a Mid level Lighting Artist. The job will involve lighting CG dog face replacement to match live action plates.
We are looking for an experienced artist who can handle high volumes of shots and work under strict delivery schedule.The Lighting Artist will work within the lighting and rendering pipeline to see shots through from start to finish.
- Maintains communication with animator/layout artists to verify position accuracy.
- Manages notes from Supervisor or leads and ensure they are applied.
- Lighting & rendering shots in Maya using VRAY
- Setting up and optimising render
- render frame QC
- Test comps in After Effects
- Liaising with team members to resolve issues.
- Creating efficient solutions to technical challenges.
- Quality control of rendered shots
- Strong knowledge of Maya’s lighting functionality.
- Create photo-realistic CG lighting that meets all technical and aesthetic standards for the project
- Experience of compositing in After Effects would be beneficial but not essential.
- Complete tasks within production deadlines while being largely self-directed
- Be able to troubleshoot common rendering and lighting technical issues and optimise a scene for maximum speed and quality.
- Cinematography skills.
- Open, approachable and friendly
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated to do their best and to always be improving
- Responsive to taking direction and feedback
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
- Ability to quickly integrate & communicate well in a small team
If you are interested in this position and would consider relocating to Malta please get in touch.
PLEASE INCLUDE A CLEAR LINK TO A SHOWREEL.